Backup Server & Disaster Recovery
Peace of Mind business continuity solutions from the backup & recovery experts
Backup is not the same as Disaster Recovery
It’s a sobering task to imagine the tangible and intangible costs of network downtime, or worse, the irreversible loss of crucial business data. In today’s fast-moving, fast-changing and ‘always on’ business environment, acceptance of downtime is at an all-time low.
And yet, many business managers consider their activities and resources safe from outages and downtime simply because somewhere, somehow, there are routine backup operations being performed. Many in-house backup strategies suffer from insufficient expertise, poor planning and unnecessary or hidden costs.
And a backup server plan is not the same as disaster recovery. Firstly, there are many different types of back up with different pros and cons. Backup technology and the people responsible for carrying out backups can fail – and sometimes such failures carry on unnoticed for long, with serious consequences. Deciding which backup solution or process is best for your business requires a comprehensive understanding of your business continuity needs, your exposure to outage risk, your existing technology and process environment and many other factors and requirements.
Secondly (and most importantly), backups must be planned and implemented with disaster recovery in mind: if your business were to suffer from downtime, then knowing your data has been backed up somewhere safe alone won’t do you much good – you need to recover the greatest possible amount or the most recent or most crucial data, in the smallest amount of time, with the least effort and cost, in a manner that allows your business to continue as if nothing had happened.
Once there is an understanding that backup is only the first step in the business continuity process, then the serious planning process can start.
Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) - the SoftControl approach to 'Disaster Recovery Peace of Mind'
In order to achieve long-term business resilience, you need to
- Back up your data with the appropriate backup server recovery strategy
- Install and be in control of the appropriate technology and systems, with these systems connecting properly to your back up data
- Have in place a programmatic recovery approach that incorporates the right people, processes, and tools, and ensure all of them are available at all times.
Bangkok-based SoftControl provides proven backup server and disaster recovery solutions for global and local Thailand organizations. We pride ourselves in connecting the above dots for you and develop a comprehensive disaster recovery plan that meets your specific needs.
Specifically, SoftControl offers Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). DRaaS has many advantages over in-house disaster recovery:
- with DRaas there are no high investment costs and minimal risks for your business. For example, you won’t have to invest in and maintain your now off-site disaster recovery environment
- our disaster recovery specialists will advise and support you with set-up, configuration, testing disaster prevention plans and monitoring your backup server and backup files. They will also alert you to any IT issues that may have an impact on your IT continuity
- We will plan and document all requirements and expectations in a service level agreement that, among other elements, outlines those all-important Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs)
- Our service makes use of state-of -the-art enterprise level software for backup and disaster recovery and includes full data protection and system migration software for Windows servers – physical, virtual and cloud
Of course our strategies include prevention as well as recovery. We can also test your business disaster recovery plan or help you develop a better one.
And in the case of a server crash or other outage or actual disaster, we can restore the server to the agreed exact recovery point in just a few minutes instead of many hours, bringing your business back to full production in minimal time. And all of this at sensible price.
Talk to one of our friendly recovery experts for more detail on how to effectively and painlessly protect your business from outage and downtime.
For more information, call us directly on +66 2 105-4068 or contact us